Sunday 9 June 2013

The ups and downs of having a bit too much gold.

Blizzard have thrown a bit of a spanner in the works this week offering 50% off of some of their services. This could be my opportunity to get off of my quiet server and actually meet people.  The biggest problem in transferring is the 50 thousand gold limit. First world problems, I know, right?

When moving from a small server to a larger server it's often difficult to find items which will retain there value when you get to the other side. Coming from a smaller server also means there are fewer things to buy. There are no TCG mounts on my AH no crafted mounts either.

There is currently no Living Steel. Not a single cut or uncut Primordial Ruby nor any Sha Crystals! Of course this isn't a typical representation of my server but it is typical of my luck when I need something!

Yesterday I started out with 900 thousand gold. After buying a few things, crafting a few mounts and splurging on some over priced pets I'm almost down to goal of 100 thousand gold. I'm transferring two characters and after I do I won't likely return to the serve. My alts will become completely abandoned and I'll start over again on my new server. The gold limit on transfers is 50 thousand per character.



In an attempt to get rid of some of my gold I bought my Boyfriend and I both a Grand Expedition Yak. 108k Each with guild perks

I have been meaning to buy one for a while just for the achievement but I never seemed to get around to it. That's one bonus to having a fair amount of gold to play with. Being able to treat other people. Sadly I have no other friends on the server so I had no one else to off load some on!

I bought a pet off of a Mage in trade he was asking for 6k saying that he was selling it cheap because he was desperate for the gold to buy his epic flying and no one else would buy the pet. So I gave him 10k for it. In retrospect I should have given him more.

I feel a bit shady just randomly trading gold to people. I don't want Blizzard to ban me or the recipient thinking either of us is buying or selling gold.

Have you ever transferred server having a bit too much gold? How did you get around it? Have you taken advantage of the 50% off of services at the moment?

Edit:

Depleted-Kyparium Rocket.
I bought myself a Depleted-Kyparium Rocket for 99k because, fucking cannons man. Fucking cannons. 

8 comments:

  1. Should've stuck your 900k into a level 2 guild bank and transferred that over with your toons :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly Guild transfers aren't included in the offer only Character transfers.

      Delete
  2. I transferred my Priest over to another server this week but unfortunately or fortunately depending on your perspective, the gold cap wasn't an issue :p

    I do approve of your purchases though. If I can ever get around to making gold (or ideally getting my husband do it for me) that Yak is the first thing on the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How are you enjoying your new server? Get your husband to do it! My boyfriend has gotten more than a few gifts from me the lazy bugger! I wish I had someone to buy me stuff.

      Delete
  3. I had no idea there was a gold limit for transferring but I does make sense there is. Having said that I can see that a 50k limit could be a pain for a lot of people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly yeah it goes up every ten levels or something. At level 10 you can only transfer with 10k or something silly.

      I think most average players have over 50k by now.

      Delete
  4. Wow what great purchases you made. I have yet to buy the yak - probably by the end of the expansion at this stage LOL.

    GL with the move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I kind of put off buying him. If he had a Transmog guy on him I'd have bought him the second the expansion launched!

      Thank you!

      Delete