Thursday 9 January 2014

20 Days of Gold Making - Day Eighteen.

Nev from Auction House Addict has created a community project for the gold makers among us 20 Days of Gold Making You can find a list of all of the participants in this blog post at AH addict.
  

The question for today is;


"18.What is the most important bit of advice you could give to a new gold maker? (not a game newbie though, just a newbie gold maker)"

Any advice I could give you on gold making is probably already out there so I'm going to give you a bit of personal advice instead. 

Fuck off Soco, I just want dem golds! Tough! 

Gold making is great and it's an awesome little side project to work on but be careful not to fall into a trap on being too focused on it. World of Warcraft is a fantastic game with so much to do. It's also a social game. I suffer from depression, anxiety and panic disorder for a while I slipped into doing very little aside from gold making. It's a very solitary hobby and before I knew it I realized I no longer spoke to anyone or played with anyone in game.

Throughout MoP I've stopped focusing on making gold so much and actually joined a guild with people rather than having all of my characters in a guild bank with only myself and it's made a huge change to my game and my happiness.

I'm not saying this happens to everyone and I don't want to be a debby downer but just keep an eye on it. Make sure you take time out from scouring the auction house and TUJ to knock out some Arena, heroics, raids or pet battles and try to have fun outside of gold making with other people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment